ISC Class 12 Syllabus Sociology Books Exam Pattern Ques Papers Solved Pre Years
ISC Class 12 Syllabus Sociology is available here. Candidates can download the ISC XI Sociology Syllabus from our website. Candidates are advised to check the ISC Syllabus from before starting the new session of class 12th. Students who are pursuing in 12th class are eager for checking the ISC Class 12 Sociology Syllabus, which is available here. Candidates have come to right website as we have provided information of syllabus, prescribed books, exam pattern, solved pre question paper and more. Check the below section for more information.
ISC Class 12 Syllabus Sociology
Candidates are advised to download the syllabus in pdf format for using it any time in future. If candidates want to check the latest and updates syllabus of ISC Syllabus of Sociology Class 12th then read the article till the end and grab vital information about relevant syllabus. To download the syllabus from our website, candidates just follow the below link. Syllabus reduces the burden of study from candidates. If candidates study as per syllabus and follow instruction which is given in syllabus then they may be able to score good marks. Scroll down for more information.
CISCE ISC 12th Class Exam Pattern 2019
The 12th class written exam will carry 70 marks and the duration of the exam is 3 hours. Practical exam will be of 30 marks.
Written Exam Consists 2 part:
Part 1 (20 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions testing knowledge, application and skills relating to elementary / fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus.
Part II (50 marks) will consist of eight questions out of which the candidate will be required to answer five questions, each carrying 10 marks.
- Definition and features of Social Institutions. Self explanatory.
- Types of Social Institutions: Kinship, Marriage and Family
Religion and Society
- Definition and concepts of religion and science; beliefs, rituals, superstitions, taboo.
- Theories of religion: animism, naturism, totemism, functional theories.
- Functions and dysfunctions of religion
- Communalism, fundamentalism and secularism in a plural society.
- Morality and social control.
Political Organization and its role in bringing about change in society. Definition of political organization; definition of Panchayati Raj (Village Panchayat, Block Samiti and Zila parishad – three tier, the 73rd Constitution Amendment Act, Bal Panchayats); discuss the role of the Panchayat in empowerment of
- Economic Organisation
- Economies of Indian tribes: food gathering, agriculture, shifting axe cultivation, handicrafts, pastoralism, industrial labour.
- Agrarian Economy, Jajmani system and Rural Employment.
- Traditional Markets
- Present conditions, problems and solutions
- Social stratification: the elements
- Class: The class system: its nature, development, types of classes.
- Caste: The caste system: concept, caste origin, caste and class comparison, its features; caste in modern India.
- Race and Ethnicity
- Concept of race and racism.
- Gender: Difference between sex and gender, patriarchal ideology and the status of women in independent India.
Social Change and Development
- Social change and Development
- Aspects of Development
- Social Movements: Meaning, causes and their role in society.
- Role of Education in creating Social change
- Role of Mass Media in creating Social change
Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination Website: www.cisce.org